In a remote region of southern Peru, perched high above the Urubamba river valley, you'll find the legendary Machu Picchu, one of the most famous archeological ruins in the world. Inexplicably, it is nestled into a narrow saddle between two sharp peaks, where it was mysteriously abandoned more than four centuries ago. Yet, to this day, it remains as a remarkable symbol of the engineering prowess of the Inca.
Come explore and photograph the mysterious chambers and passage-ways of Machu Picchu. Witness for yourself the stunningly percise "Ashlar" masonry used by the Inca's to build stone structures that have withstood the test of time.
We'll overnight in the beautiful city of Cusco, rich with well preserved colonial architecture and history. Cusco represents the center of indigenous Quechua culture in the Andes, and by merely walking the streets one sees the layers of history. Spanish colonial buildings erected directly atop Inca walls line the square, while the modern tourist nightlife flourishes in their midst.
Every detail of this workshop is first class. We will be staying in two of the finest hotels such as Hotel Monasterio, set inside a stunning 16th Century Monastery. This historic luxury hotel offers unparalleled service and comfort in the heart of Cusco Peru.
We will have two full days in Machu Picchu to explore and photograph this amazing location before returning, again by train, to Cusco.
This trip is designed to give you access to Machu Picchu and the Peruvian culture as well as provide you with the most luxury accommodations and other comforts.
- Day 1: Flight to Cusco, Peru. Reception and transfer to Hotel Monasterio. Free day to relax and acclimatize to the altitude
- Day 2: Free morning to explore Cusco - Afternoon Train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu). Transfer to hotel
- Day 3: Full Day in Machu Picchu
- Day 4: Half Day in Machu Picchu. Afternoon Train departure - Overnight in Cusco with Farewell dinner
- Day 5: Transportation to airport - Return flight home