Join Aperture Academy on an incredibly unique and exclusive polar adventure as we travel north of the arctic circle in search of one of the planet's most mythic and revered predators--the Polar Bear.
Our destination is the famed Svalbard archipelago of northern Norway. Located between the North Pole and Norway, and with approximately 3000 polar bears, the Svalbard archipelago is home to one of the greatest concentrations of polar bear on the planet.
This area of the planet remains wild, pristine, and utterly unforgettable. With its vast, unspoiled mountainscapes, dramatic fjords, massive glaciers and picturesque icebergs, coupled with a myriad of unique arctic wildlife, including polar bear, walrus, reindeer, arctic fox, various whale species, seals, puffins, fulmars and a multitude of migratory bird species, Svalbard is a nature and landscape photographer's ultimate paradise.
Our primary mission is to provide you with everything you need to produce publication-quality images of this remote and beautiful land. Our emphasis will be seeking out polar bears and other arctic wildlife, along with unique and beautiful landscapes. With this as our ultimate goal, we have specifically designed this Sojourn down to the last detail...for photographers, from a photographer's point of view.
- Locate and photograph polar bear, walrus, various whale species (including blue, humpback, fin, sei, minke, beluga and orca), reindeer, Arctic fox, seals, numerous bird species (including puffins, fulmars, terns, auks and buntings).
- Cruise amidst, and photograph under, exquisite 24-hour arctic light illuminating the stunning, rugged mountain ranges, stark tundra landscapes, deep fjords, massive glaciers, and other-worldly ice formations.
- Wine and social gatherings under the arctic midnight sun.
- Photography hikes along the coast and tundra, explorations of abandoned historic whaling outposts and geothermal landscapes.
- Extended Zodiac cruises for up close and personal nature photography.